Your home is a reflection of you, which means every home should exhibit a distinctive flare. It doesn’t matter what the style of the room is as long as it follows these three basic guidelines for success:
It is functional.
It expresses a mood.
It exhibits a sense of harmony.
Think outside the labels of Contemporary or Traditional and thing about the things you love and hate.
- Pick your two favorite and two least favorite home items and think about what these objects say about you?
- When faced with a wall of colors, toward which ones do you naturally gravitate?
- What is the function of each space and what functionality is missing or mandatory for each room?
The 2010 Color Trends – Where are you?
In the Kasmir Fabric Design Studio “Color & Style Trend Report 2010,” I was surprised by the number of color trends. Here’s the list:
- Turquoise: Pantone color of the year
- Colors inspired by the continent of Africa: soft greens, smoke blue, sand, mauve, lemon and copper
- Flower Colors: vibrant greens and buttercup yellow
- Eco Colors: chalky whites, soft greens and yellows, and aqua as an accent
- Gray: the new neutral
These color options proffer a large range of options, and yet they are still all trend setters. So, think outside the trend box, and define your style. Let us know the results!