It all begins with decorating fabric — the fundamental element of your design.
When you talk to us, you’re getting access to some of the world’s finest materials and nearly limitless options.
- A huge assortment of fabrics in any color, style or pattern
- Designers bring fabric samples to your home
- Top-quality fabrics to choose.
What Type of Decorating Fabric Should I Use?Some fabrics lend themselves to certain items for reupholstering or draperies better than others. This guide can help you to make a decision on the types of fabrics available and on the patterns.
Two Main Categories of Decorating Fabric
1. Natural Fabrics
- Cotton is the strongest fabric of the natural fibers. It dyes well, so there is a huge amount of colors and patterns available. It allows for airflow as it breathes well. Cotton works well for upholstery to enhance the cooling comfort of chairs and couches. Café curtains and less formal window treatments are often made of cotton.
- Linen is stain resistant, but it wrinkles quite easily. It gives a shabby chic appearance to a room when using it as a window treatment on a decorative rod.