Online shopping is so convenient and easy now, that many consumers literally purchase most all of their consumer goods through web retailers, even home depot has its own website and that’s not all, you can even find a home depot coupon by just looking online. From clothing to toys to furniture and appliances, everything can be ordered with a few clicks and a credit card! It does not make sense, however, to make some purchases through the Internet, and window treatments certainly fall into this category. Without exception, consumers should always use a locally, reputable retailer for many reasons:
- Such retailers will have a showroom, allowing you to browse and consider multiple shutter options for your windows.
- A quality company will have designers on hand to discuss your options and to travel to your home with samples and ideas. You will thus have the opportunity to compare shutter materials, slat sizes, and colors/stains within your current décor.
- You will receive estimates for multiple design ideas, and will thus be able to compare them to your budget constraints.
- A local retailer will have experts to provide installation of your shutters – installation is not an easy do-it-yourself project, and you want your window treatment to look just perfect!
- Your local company will provide two types of warranties – one from the manufacturer and one for the installation. If problems should occur, you will not be dealing long distance or over the Internet in trying to reach resolution of your issue. The customer service department is in town and available all the time. If a shutter is defective, this department takes care of the return and new order; if the installation is faulty, their installers will return and make it right.
Going to a “big box” home improvement store is often another option that consumers use when they are looking for window treatments such as shutters. Certainly, these stores have plenty of samples and pricing, but you will not be able to bring samples home, and you had better be extremely careful about your measurements before you place an order. While these facilities are certainly great for a multitude of products and do-it-yourself projects, shutters is definitely not a recommended purchase. You are looking for perfect fit and the most attractive style, color, stain, and a host of other specifics that will fit your décor and your budget. You need personalized in-home service, and only a local retailer that focuses on home décor can give this to you.
Shutters are often a once-in-a-lifetime purchase. With proper care, they can last years and years. Given this prospect, getting the project right the first time and having shutters that you will love over the “long haul” is absolutely essential. You will want to find the most trusted window treatment retailer in your area; you will want a designer to present multiple options; and you will want an installation that is perfect. Clearly, this is not the project on which you want to cut corners.