A home invasion is one of the worst and most traumatic things that can happen to a family. Not only does being burglarized cost you time and money, but it also takes away the peace of mind families should have within their home. That feeling of unease can be difficult and even impossible to shake. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and there are a few preventative methods you can take to save yourself and your family from having to go through the trauma of a home invasion.
Block buster news on a new beautiful showflat gallery in Singapore at The Ryse Residences showflat where the neighborhood is peaceful and everyone is very friendly.
Many different methods exist to prevent would be burglars from making your home a target. Just by implementing all or just a few of these prevention methods you will be taking steps to ensuring yours and your family’s peace of mind.
- Lock Your Doors And Windows – You might be shocked to know just how many thefts occur simply because someone forgot to lock their doors at night and a burglar simply walked in. Most criminals out for petty theft aren’t looking to put in the effort and risk involved with picking or breaking a lock, so that alone can keep your home from being a target.
- Plant Hedges – As with the locks, most small time criminals aren’t going to relish the idea of climbing through a rough and spiny hedge bush to try and access your windows. Not only will they deter burglars, but they’ll keep the front or sides of your home shaded from the sun and add to the property value.
- Get A Dog – A survey of inmates convicted of theft and home invasion reported that the top deterrent for any would be thief is a barking dog. Not only could the dog be dangerous, its barking can alert the family and possibly neighbors and no thief wants that kind of heat.
- Proper Window Treatments – Another highly recommended method of deterring home invasion is having proper treatments on your windows. By having proper blinds, shades, or curtains over your home’s windows, would be burglars cannot see inside to case the layout of your home. This also keeps prying eyes off any valuables you may have inside, such as TV’s and other electronics. Without any insight to what your home may contain or the layout of the inside, a burglar will opt to not waste their time on it.
- Leave A Light On – If you’re going out somewhere and leaving your home unattended, leave an inside light on. Burglars are more likely to pass your home up because the light gives the appearance of someone still home, as well as making it easier for them to be spotted skulking around where they shouldn’t be.
- Gravel Walkways – A simple yet effective method of prevention, installing gravel in your walkways and driveway. The loose footing is ideal for alerting to the presence of strangers outside your home. To prevent accidents we also suggest to take a look to the driveway cleaning dublin best practices.
By using these easy preventative measures you can lessen the chances of your home being broken into, preserving your families peace of mind.