There are many reasons why custom draperies are important for a home..here is a list of some of the reasons:
- Draperies protect your floors, furniture, carpet, etc. from harmful uv rays which simply cause fading when exposed over a period of time. So many times we go into homes and hear people say they have lived in their home for anywhere from 1-3 years with no window coverings because they just did not get around to it. We then look around the home and see fading. Don’t wait..custom draperies are worth the price for not only the look but the protection that is needed to save you money in the long term and even the short term!
- Draperies act as a great insulator from the outside climate. Think about this..its no different than adding layers of clothing. The more we add, the more insulation. Full draperies across the window is one option or even a blind, shade, or shutter with simple side panels will add a layer of warmth in the winter and keep things cool in the summer.
- Draperies also prevent energy from inside your home from escaping through the windows. Windows allow energy to seep out. Some windows are better than others and we dare not try to get into this business. But, no matter what just like protection from the outside, draperies act as protection inside on letting heat escape in the winter time.
- Draperies provide privacy. We recently had a customer tell us that the home next to her had been vacant for a year or so and she had put in a new window facing the empty house. Well, someone bought the place and moved in and Sunshine Drapery had to get her some privacy fast. In her case, we put in a fabric made roman shade. This is just one example of many where draperies can help with privacy.
- Draperies reduce the glare on your television. Sunshine Drapery and Interior Design owner Bruce Bernstein a few years ago was helping his wifes Uncle and Aunt because they had moved into a new villa in Grover Missouri. Bruce swears that his uncle was the first man in St. Louis to have a flat screen television. His Uncle Rich had 8 windows and the sun just blinded the view of the television. Bruce had Sunshine Drapery put in cellular blackout shades so when it was time for Uncle Rich to watch golf on television, he lowered the shades.
- Draperies add a warmth and style to your window and your home. We often refer to them as furniture for the windows. There isn’t a lot more that can be said about this because it speaks for itself. Everyone has different tastes and styles. But, every time we add any type of drapery, it literally changes the whole outlook of the room forever.
- If your window has no trim, draperies provide a custom look. Not every home has trim work around the windows. Draperies make not having trim all go away.
See our full line of custom draperies or contact us to chat about Sunshine Drapery making your home more beautiful